Welcome! I am Kenneth Nankin, the author of The NV Flyer and a partner with Nankin & Verma PLLC (www.nankin.com), which is located in Bethesda, Maryland. I have been representing airline clients since 1988 and am a member of the Bars of the District of Columbia, Maryland, New York and Virginia.
The services I have provided to airline clients include the following:
- Defending against passenger injury, delay, baggage, breach of contract and discrimination claims
- Defending against cargo loss, damage and delay claims
- Pursuing injunctive and monetary claims against travel agencies and other travel services companies in matters involving unreported and underreported sales, unauthorized reservations and sales, refund and exchange fraud, abusive ticketing practices, stolen tickets, frequent flyer mileage and award brokering and trademark infringement
- Pursuing and defending against contract claims involving vendors, leasing companies, freight forwarders and other entities
- Recovering aircraft hull damage repair costs and lost revenues arising from ground incidents
- Assisting with commercial matters, including preparing and negotiating contracts with vendors and leases
- Assisting with employment matters, including preparing employee manuals and employment agreements
- Pursuing administrative expense and nondischargeability claims and defending against preference actions in bankruptcy cases
My recent publications include the following:
Kenneth S. Nankin, The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act: Revenue Protection Weapon for Airlines, 10 Issues in Aviation Law and Policy 11 (Autumn 2010).
Kenneth S. Nankin, The Empire State’s New Passenger “Bill of Rights”: Gone in a New York Minute?, Issues in Aviation Law and Policy (CCH) ¶33,031 at 19,111 (Nov. 16, 2007).
I operated my own law office from 1997 until the formation of Nankin & Verma PLLC in 2000. From 1988 to 1997, I was an attorney with Zuckert, Scoutt & Rasenberger, LLP, a District of Columbia law firm. I graduated from Harvard Law School in 1988 and received my undergraduate degree from Washington and Lee University in 1985.
Please contact me at (202) 463-4911 or email@example.com for copies of any of the court opinions or other materials discussed on this site.
Note: The information on this site is not legal advice. Please consult an attorney for advice regarding a specific situation.
Copyright © 2006-2014 by Nankin & Verma PLLC